Now Accepting Housing Applications
International House Philadelphia is an organization that advocates and supports diversity, education and acceptance. We work to ensure that ALL residents feel their whole identity is included and respected during their time at International House Philadelphia.
Single bedRooms within a Suite
- Single Bedroom with Shared Bathroom (no kitchen)
- Single Bedroom with Shared Bathroom & Kitchen
Living in a suite at IHouse offers the ideal balance between privacy and friendly community-based living. Single bedrooms measure 9’ x 12’ (2.73m x 3.64m) and are fully furnished with a bed, desk, dresser, refrigerator, closet, bookshelves, bulletin board, and lamps.
- Ten single bedrooms are grouped in a suite. Each suite includes a shared bathroom with two private toilets, one shower, one bathtub/shower, and four sinks. Our staff cleans the common areas and the bathroom every weekday, which is a service already included in your fees.
- You will also enjoy a common lounge that is perfect place to catch up with friends or just relax. Men and women are housed in separate suites. Four suites share an additional common area and a balcony overlooking the Penn campus.
- Most suites include a shared kitchen which is equipped with a microwave oven, stove/oven, sink, and storage cabinets. For the suites without a kitchen, a microwave is provided in the suite lounge. You may indicate your preference for a suite with or without a kitchen in your housing application.
Tours of our single rooms are available Monday through Friday at 2:30 p.m. - Just check in at the Front Desk.
- Tours are not available on October 8, November 21-23, December 24-25, or December 31 due to holiday scheduling.
Private Room with Bath (Without Kitchen)
International House Philadelphia has 16 private rooms that each have a private bath. These rooms measure 12’ x 27’ (3.64m x 8.2m) and are fully furnished to accommodate two people. Each private room has two beds, a dresser, desk, chair, bookshelf, closet, lamps, small refrigerator, and private bathroom with a toilet, shower, and sink. Individuals have the option of living alone in private rooms, which offers extra space and privacy.
One Bedroom Apartment
The 24 one-bedroom apartments (with outdoor balconies) measure 22’ x 22’ (6.67m x 6.67m) and include a living room, kitchenette (a small kitchen), dining area, separate bedroom, and private bathroom with toilet, bathtub/shower, and sink. They are furnished with two single beds, a sofa, desk, table and chairs, dresser, closets, and lamps.
Nine efficiency apartments with outdoor balconies are available in two sizes: large (17’ x 24’ or 5.15m x 7.28m) and small (15’ x 24’ or 4.55m x 7.28m). Efficiency apartments feature a combined bedroom/living area, kitchenette (a small kitchen), dining area, and private bathroom with toilet, bathtub/shower, and sink. Each apartment is furnished with a twin bed, sofa or love seat, desk, table and chairs, dresser, closet, and lamps.