Now Accepting Housing Applications
We are a warm and friendly living environment; a home for nearly 1,000 people from over 100 countries around the world annually, including the US, who attend area colleges and universities.
If you are a student, scholar, intern, or professional trainee looking for an apartment or room in Philadelphia, consider International House! IHP is a multicultural residential center, and a source of distinctive arts and cultural programming.
Great Reasons to LIve at International House Philadelphia:
- Free + Discounted Admission to Events
- Convenient Location
- 24-Hour Security Staff
- Computer Lab With Web Access
- Resident Cafe on Premises
- Leadership Development Programs
- TV Lounge + Recreation Center
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Long + Short Term Housing
- Laundry Facilities + Utilities Included
- 10% Discount to Former Residents of other International Houses Around the World!
As a resident of International House, you'll enjoy the privacy and quiet of our apartments and single rooms, develop friendships while making social and professional connections with others from around the world, and become part of a unique community where all cultures are shared and celebrated. Our residents also enjoy the benefits of IHP membership, and get free admission and access to films, concerts, cultural events, art exhibits, leadership seminars, executive networking events, and more throughout the year.
Apply today and start enjoying life at the intersection of Philadelphia and the World!
Each year, approximately 1,000 residents from more than 100 countries, including the US, are part of IHP’s warm, friendly, and supportive residential community where cultural and ethnic differences are shared and celebrated.
"International House creates an environment that is unique to any place I have ever lived. I was lucky enough to spend a year of my life there. I gained intercultural respect and understanding, lifelong friendships, and leadership skills...It was truly a rewarding experience."
- Vivian Vy Nguyen, Vietnam, student at University of Pennsylvania
Who lives at International House Philadelphia?
- Research professionals
- Undergraduate students
- Graduate students
- Interns at leading hospitals
- Interns at major corporate offices
What activities exist for IHP residents?
- The IHP Resident and Activities Advisory Center (RAAC) helps residents make the most of their unique transition to the multicultural living environment found at International House, and their adjustment to student life in the United States. RAAC events are held throughout the year and focus on several categories:
- Social events provide an opportunity for residents to interact with one another, learn about and from each other, and get involved in a group setting, sometimes centered around a theme.
- Recreational events encourage residents to participate in a particular sport or activity that allows for learning and group involvement.
- Educational events deliver learning experiences to residents in the form of programs and student lectures. Events explore such subjects as understanding religion, gender issues, and leadership conferences.
- Safety and Wellness events promote issues related to the overall well-being of residents at IHP.
- Cultural events allow for residents to learn about other cultures and share their own traditions.
- Spiritual events offer opportunities for residents to discuss religions and other spiritual beliefs with others.
Are there any other benefits to living
at International House Philadelphia?
Yes! Living at IHP means that you will be in the heart of Univeristy City, within close walking distance of Philadelphia's many elite universities, including the University of Pennsylvania and Drexel University. Additionally, International House is conveniently located near public transportation, so visiting Philadelphia's museums, restaurants, historic landmarks, and shopping centers is easy and fun!
Everything about International House – from the design of our building to the selection of our staff and programming – promotes interaction that allows residents to develop valuable cross-cultural communication skills, build lifelong friendships, and fulfilling professional lives.
Group and conference housing
Convenient and reasonably priced, International House Philadelphia offers a place where your group can relax in the comfort of their own rooms, but still be in engaged with an international community by experiencing life at IHP with residents from around the world, and by participating in our award-winning arts and cultural programming.
For more information, please see the Group and Conference Housing form.