Extended Absence Registration
Residents who will be away from International House Philadelphia (IHP) temporarily for an extended period of time should be aware of and agree to abide by the following procedures and policies related to leaving their possessions in the unit during their absence.
- Prior to departure, resident will report any current maintenance issues at the Front Desk or via www.ihousephilly.org/request.
- Resident will make arrangements to ensure monthly occupancy fees will be paid no later than the 10th of the month in which they are due. Residents may pay fees remotely online through www.ihousephilly.org/pay or contact the Admissions Office prior to their departure to arrange payment.
- Resident will unplug all electronics (chargers, appliances, etc.) except for the refrigerator.
- Residents with private baths/kitchens will fully shut off the water in all sinks and showers.
- Residents will close and lock all windows and doors in the unit.
- At IHP’s discretion, packages that have been held for the Resident at the Front Desk may be delivered into the resident's room/apartment.
- Resident may not give access to or lease (sublet) the unit to another person or persons.
- Guests of the resident are not allowed to stay in the unit during the extended absence.
- Registered roommates (where applicable) will continue to have access to the unit.
- As stated in the IHP Residential Occupancy Agreement, IHP is not responsible for any damages to personal property. Residents may wish to secure Renters Insurance to provide coverage for their personal property.