Rediscovering a Philadelphia Pioneer: Donya Feuer's Dance/Film Collaborations with Ingmar Bergman, Romola Nijinsky, and Others
Donya Feuer: Experimental Dance Works, Program 1 (1969–76)
Introduced by Mark Franko, and followed by a panel discussion with:
- Mark Franko, Laura H. Carnell Professor of Dance, Boyer College of Music and Dance, Temple University; Author of Excursion for Miracles: Paul Sanasardo, Donya Feuer and Studio for Dance (1955-1964)
- Laura Katz Rizzo, Assistant Professor of Dance, Boyer College of Music and Dance, Temple University
- Mauro Calcagno, Associate Professor of Music and Italian Studies, University of Pennsylvania
- Terry Fox, Director of Philadelphia Dance Projects and Coordinator for MA Theatre Arts Administration Program, Rowan University, Global Learning & Partnerships
- Iggy Cortez, PhD Candidate in Cinema Studies and Art History, University of Pennsylvania
Ett spel om föremål och människor (A Play for Objects and Chorus)
Sweden, 1967, video, 27 min.
Music by Ulf Björlin. With Karin Thulin, Juliet Fisher, Lillemor Lundberg, Mats Ek, and others. Courtesy Sveriges Television.
De Fördömda kvinnornas dans (The Dance of the Condemned Women)
Sweden, 1976, video, 25 min.
Produced by Ingmar Bergman. Cinematography by Sven Nykvist. Music by Monteverdi. With Nina Harte, Helene Friberg, Lena Wennergren, Lisbeth Zachrisson. Courtesy Cinematograph.
Norway, 1972, Norway, video, 17 min.
Music by Jan Gabarek. With Anne Borg, Roger Lucas, David Forde. Courtesy NRK and The National Library of Norway.
Et Syn (A Vision)
Norway, 1972, Norway, video, 18 min.
With Inger-Johanne Rutter, Leonie Leahy, James de Bolt, Willy Simensen, Roger Lucas, Dmitri Cheremeteff, Anthony Greeves. Courtesy NRK and The National Library of Norway.
Himlakropp (Heavenly Body)
Sweden, 1969, video, 12 min.
Music by Ulf Björlin. With Kari Sylwan, Karin Thulin. Courtesy Sveriges Television.
This program is supported by a grant from the Christian R. and Mary F. Lindback Foundation