This position is Maintenance and Facilities focused and assists in helping to maintain an operational and functional facility. This position reports to the Maintenance Manager, and specifically works with the Operations Team, including the Director of Building Operations, the Facilities Supervisor, and the Security Manager, and other IHP departments. In addition, this person is responsible for building and maintenance projects, and day to day house repairs.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Engaging in and being responsible for electrical, plumbing, painting and other repair and renovation work throughout the facility, including:
- Preparation of rooms and apartments for new residents
- Responding to “work orders” (maintenance requests) from residents, tenants and staff
- General building maintenance
- Assisting external contractors when required (including work that involves opening walls, ceilings, and plumbing issues that include turning on and off valves)
- Building improvements
- Carrying out daily schedule of work assignments
- Recommending and obtaining estimates for, and assisting the Manager of Building Operations in prioritizing all building improvement projects and major repairs
- Assisting in creating short term solutions for urgent repairs that cannot be fully addressed immediately.
- Assisting with building improvements throughout the building, including tenant spaces
- Coordinating with Admissions Staff regarding room turnovers and suite upgrading schedules
- Recommending and help implement energy- and resource-saving measures wherever possible.
- Reporting on damages and extra cleaning required in vacated residential rooms, and damage noted in residential suites.
- Serving as the “on-call” person for any emergency repairs.
- Assisting with day to day Administrative duties related to communication and follow up data to other departments in the House.
IHP offers a competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package: group health, dental and vision insurance; flexible spending and transit accounts; short and long-term disability and group life insurance; 403(b) with matching contributions; Employee Assistance Program; voluntary benefits; as well as paid vacation, personal time, sick time and holidays.
IHP is an equal opportunity employer. This position is classified as non-exempt based on the Fair Labor Standards Act. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Interested candidates should submit their resume and a letter of interest with salary requirements to Anna Wang, Human Resources Coordinator at email@example.com.