Employment + Volunteer Opportunities
Conference Center and Events Manager
International House Philadelphia (IHP) is seeking applications for the position of Conference Center and Events Manager. The Conference Center and Events Manager will report to the Director of Programs and Events, and will be responsible for managing all aspects of the conference center and internal and external programs and events at IHP from inception to completion, and maintaining the organization’s comprehensive event calendar.
- Logistics management and coordination for the conference center
and all IHP programs and events
- Primary point of contact for scheduling and managing all IHP conference
space and events, including residential, development, alumni, arts, and other
- Responsible for overall business operations of events in IHP’s Conference Center and Theater, including inquiry response, sales, contracting, invoicing, and payment tracking
- Responsible for driving new sales and business opportunities, including external promotions of the conference center space, to maximize revenue and usage of IHP facilities
- Management of comprehensive event calendar for the organization in
- Primary liaison for all event clients
- Manage event staff and vendors leading up to and on day of event
- Provide detailed event reports leading up to events and following
- Coordinate and schedule setup and breakdown of event space furniture
and A/V equipment with facilities staff, security, front desk, and Technical Manager
- Responsible for overseeing upkeep and purchasing of Conference
Center facilities and equipment
- In conjunction with the Technical Manager, maintain a list of
trusted, high quality vendors
- Assist with the development of budgets and provide cost analysis
- Promote conference center facilities externally to drive new
clients and business and maintain working knowledge of competitors offerings
- Assist in the development and execution of IHP programs, new and existing,
working with the Director of Programs and Events, and other Staff as needed
- Oversee office organization and purchasing of supplies
- Some physical labor required
- Other duties as needed.
- Excellent customer
service, communication, and time management skills
- Able to work under pressure and have a positive and adaptable approach to problem solving
- Able to establish productive relationships with people from a wide diverse background
- Solid understanding of budgeting and financial management
- Must be able to work extended hours as needed
- Bachelor’s degree and experience in a related field
- Working knowledge of Windows programs, including Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of Altru software program (Blackbaud) a plus.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some physical demands are required. This includes the ability to lift files, packages, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
IHP offers a competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package: group health, dental and vision insurance; flexible spending and transit accounts; short and long-term disability and group life insurance; 403(b) with matching contributions; Employee Assistance Program; voluntary benefits; as well as paid vacation, personal time, sick time and holidays.
IHP is an equal opportunity employer. This position is classified as exempt based on the Fair Labor Standards Act. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Interested candidates should submit their resume and a letter of interest with salary requirements to Anna Wang, Human Resources Coordinator at email@example.com.
FRONT DESK COORDINATOR
The Front Desk Coordinator is responsible for managing and directing the operations of the Front Desk and its customers, handling clients, supporting the operations team and security staff, and handling all deliveries. They will support the mission and the goals of the house, while providing good communication and information to all of our constituents. They will be responsible for administrative duties, scheduling, and all communication within this area. This position reports to the Security Manager and Director of Building Operations.
- Organization, maintenance and management of the Front Desk
- Planning and execution of resident staff hiring
- A Liaison with all areas of the House including: Admissions, Resident Life, Programs , Marketing, Development, Business Office and Operations
- Coordinator of all outgoing and incoming mail, packages and deliveries
- Data entry, administrative duties, scheduling, and reporting
- Greeting and welcoming customers, clients and residents (new, current, and overnight guests etc.), representing the institution in a positive fashion both within the House.
- Being knowledgeable about I-House’s mission, programs and services at all times.
- Implementing and using computer skills, that include working with email, word processing, excel and data entry.
- Act as the administrative support for the full operations team, assisting with administrative duties, and communication to tenants, residents, and other departments of the house through written correspondence, email, and/or phone.
- Answering and forwarding incoming phone calls efficiently to staff & residents through the central I-House switchboard and Monitoring to see that the telephone switchboard is in full working order and reporting malfunctions promptly.
- Maintaining and overseeing the operation of the Front Desk making sure that it is covered at all times (seven days a week ) by Staff and Resident workers (this includes scheduling, coming to meetings, calculating hours worked by desk staff, responding to shift reports, and/or other duties as directed by the Front Desk Manager).
- Monitoring the schedule and working on the weekends to provide coverage when needed.
- Sorting of the mail at the Front Desk, making sure that staff mail is placed in mailboxes (staff are contacted), and resident mail is ready each day at 4pm for delivery into the resident mailboxes.
- Tracking receipt of all packages, and deliveries and monitoring package log book to determine pick-up and/or return of package if required.
- Working closely and promptly with the Admissions Office, responding to administrative housing needs and housing inquiries, and checking residents in and out of International House.
- Working with the Director of Building Operations as it relates to urgent Facilities/Maintenance issues and the data entry of all maintenance and phone requests.
- Observing the coming and going of Residents, staff, and the general public as they go in and out of the building, as well as the video security monitors located at the front desk.
- Being knowledgeable of Housing Rates and/or availability.
- Monitoring the lobby and waiting area regarding brochure supplies, and general cleanliness in the Front Desk area.
- Responding to emergency situations by assisting the Manager of Security and the Director of Building Operations when appropriate, calling the Police or medical assistance directly when necessary.
- Maintaining, recording and detailing maintenance work orders in the StarRez computer system submitted by residents and staff.
- Evaluating problem situations and complaints, and driving the customer to the appropriate person for services.
- Attend All Staff and Front Desk meetings.
- Computer skills – experience using Word, Excel, Outlook, StarRez system knowledge preferred but not required
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work as Team player
- Ability to follow direction and receive feedback
- Friendly and engaging Personality
- Ability to show initiative and drive